All manuscripts pertaining to the National Children’s Study, including but not limited to those written by investigators at Study contract organizations or by federal employees, primary National Children’s Study publications, publications pertaining to approved supplemental methodological studies (Vanguard phase), or adjunct studies (Main Study), or publications using restricted-use or descriptive Study data (whether core data collected centrally or local data), are required to contain appropriate acknowledgements and disclaimers similar to the examples below.
- “This analysis was conducted as part of the National Children’s Study, supported by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, and funded, through its appropriation, by the Office of the Director of the National Institutes of Health.”
- “Supported in part by NICHD Contract(s) No(s). _______________.” (Insert contract numbers as appropriate for Study Center[s], Repository, specific laboratories, or other contracts.)
- “Supported in part by NIH Grant No. ___________________.” (Insert grant number or other grant identification if the activity reported upon was supported by any grant funding.)
- For primary Study publications: “This manuscript was developed by a Writing Team identified by the National Children’s Study Publications Committee for the purpose of timely sharing of centrally collected Study data. It is thus a primary National Children’s Study publication.
- For publications other than primary Study publications: “The views expressed in this article are the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the position of the National Children’s Study, the National Institutes of Health, or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.”
Note: The above are simply examples of acknowledgments and disclaimers that may be selected or modified.
For further information regarding National Children’s Study Publications, please send an e-mail to NCSPubs@mail.nih.gov.